Wild Boar Carnitas
Several Years ago our family had a hunting lease in South
Georgia. My husband and his friends hunted a lot of Wild Hogs! Most of them we had made into sausage;but, occasionally we would keep a young sow to butcher ourselves. Carnitas was always a family favorite! The term Carnitas just means “little meat,” normally consisting of braised or simmering shredded pork.
Follow Bethany on Instagram.
3lbs. Wild Boar
2 Tbsp. Lime juice Cilantro
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Onion powder 1 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp. Minced Garlic Salt & Pepper to taste Corn Tortillas
Bell Peppers Tomatoes Cilantro Onion
- In a bowl drizzle Olive oil over meat and Mix in Lime juice, Salt & Pepper, chopped Cilantro, Cumin, Chili powder, and Onion Powder.
- Place in Crockpot for 4 to 6 hours, until completely shredable.
- Once cooked shred meat in a bowl.
- Heat a Skillet on medium-high, add 1 Tbsp Olive oil, Butter and Minced Garlic.
- Place Meat into skillet gently searing
- Once seared, place on tortillas and add toppings of your choice.
Credit: Source link